Engineering Manager - Physics & Network, Cloud & Services
At Avalanche, we offer a hybrid model where we spend some days in our office in Södermalm and some time from home.
Are you a passionate leader who thrives on developing people and driving and leading change across multiple locations?
The Craft Organisation, part of the Avalanche Studios Group (ASG), is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead two of our tech Crafts, Physics & Network and Cloud & Services. This newly appointed role focused on growing our talented developers. ASG's Craft organisation is the backbone of the development organisation, home and belonging over time, regardless of the project. We focus on knowledge sharing and members long term competence and career growth. The role will be essential to keep all locations and members aligned on values, culture and leadership - one company, one culture. A strong craft organisation ensures synergies and collaboration between projects and creative divisions.
In this role, you will set the structure and ways of working globally with the Head of Global Craft for the craft organisation. You will work closely with your discipline and craft mentors to understand their individual and Craft needs, short and long term, and communicate the organisation's needs. You can relate and understand the technical challenges and opportunities of the team and articulate those to needed stakeholders.
Part of the role will be defining and developing the craft organisation and the Head of Global Craft and leading and driving change initiatives aligned with the company vision and goals.As a leader for the Craft, you will communicate and translate strategies to the team and drive initiatives together with your group.
You are curious and open to change; you thrive in a collaborative environment where ideas are shared freely to strive for continuous improvement. You take your initiatives and connect and drive to completion. Ensure and create psychological safety with your team and its members through regular check-ins and 1-1 and the yearly performance review.
What you'll do
- Apply an inclusive and servant approach to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement within your domain
- Create a strong team environment and sense of belonging across locations
- Work with leaders and departments to set short and long term strategies and goals
- Drive continuous improvement within your craft and craft organisation together with other craft managers
- Own staffing and recruitment, plan succession and employee growth in line with divisions and projects long-term goals
- Be a role model and actively work with values and culture
- Drive knowledge sharing and educational opportunities together with craft mentors
- Fluent in English, (English is Avalanche Studios Group corporate language)
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have at least 5+ years of experience in leading, coaching, or mentoring individuals and teams
- You have experience from working with distributed and global teams
- You have exposure to large technical challenges, be it as a senior engineer or as a manager
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about engineering and can demonstrate delivering value in engineering
- Experience from the Video Game industry or similar creative industries
- Experience from live service projects is a plus
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
Please submit your application in English.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.