We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
WHO YOU ARE
ArenaNet is looking for an experienced Environment Prop Artist to join our team and help us create expansive, beautiful worlds. In this role, you will be responsible for creating the necessary assets that will be used by others for a wide variety of natural and constructed locations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with concept art, designers, and the art director to transform high level concepts into real world assets for the game.
- Proactively seek feedback regarding style, mood, and functionality.
- Create assets using a combination of commercial and proprietary tools.
- Working with engineering, help define the requirements for authoring tools, workflows, and pipelines.
- Strong design skills
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 2+ years of experience
- Strong portfolio with both 2d and 3d samples that shows expertise in creating both natural environment assets and those used in architectural settings.
- Proficiency in Maya (preferred), Max, Photoshop, Zbrush and Substance Painter.
- Fast iteration skills.
- Passion for games and the game creation process.
- Fun to work with.