(Closed) Outsourcing Artist
WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
At ArenaNet, we are serious about art. We have built an art-centric studio culture where the artist plays a vital role in game creation and presentation, and our art team is full of award-winning talent from all over the world.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Outsource Artist to join our team. The Outsource Artist will work with the production team to track art outsource schedules and will provide feedback and direction, both artistic and technical, to our outsource partners. They will act as the communication representative between our internal artists and our outsource partners by reviewing deliverables to ensure they meet the expected quality bar and perform well within the game engine.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Works closely with Art Director and other art leads to keep quality and style consistent across all outsourced art.
- Oversee high-output asset creation with external teams by organizing briefs, providing artistic and technical feedback and processing content for internal teams.
- Detailed and organized management of a high volume of assets across multiple disciplines (Props, Character, Creature, and more)
- Provide ongoing regular and timely feedback to external vendors working on art content.
- Ability to problem solve and work autonomously, when appropriate.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Very Strong design sense and a solid eye for composition and other fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills and works well in a team environment. Receptive to feedback and giving constructive feedback.
- Expertise in 3D modeling, sculpting (Zbrush), UVs, Retopology, Texturing (Substance Painter/Photoshop)
- Works effectively across all game development disciplines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field preferred