Principal Character Artist
Are you an experienced Character Artist with a passion for FPS or realistic style games, looking for a new challenge? AntiMatter Games could have just the job for you!
AntiMatter Games are looking for a Principal Character Artist to join our art team onsite, on our UE4 projects ‘83 and I.G.I.: Origins.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help develop, create character art while been responsible for enhancing current process and workflows.
- Responsible for character Art on various FPS titles
- Work with the Art Lead, Concept Artists and Project teams to take designs from 2D to game ready assets in Unreal
- Help assist with any outsourcing activities regarding character art
- A talented and ambitious Senior / Principal Character Artist with a passion for FPS or realistic style games.
- Minimum of one 1 published title at a senior level ideally involving a full game dev cycle.
- Excellence in Zbrush, Max / Maya and PBR material creation.
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of creating characters and workflows for in game and cinematic purposes.
- Experience working with UE4 would be beneficia.l
- A team player with strong communication skills who instinctively works across disciplines to deliver character content.
- Highly effective communicator and presenting a portfolio of high quality.
- Recommended or highly advantageous to have experience in, or the aptitude and willing to learn, animation rigging tools and processes.
Antimatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
Working for Antimatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
UK Employees will receive Private Health Insurance, a BUPA Cash Plan and subscription to PerkBox, which includes hundreds of perks, freebies and discounts on its platform.
Based in waterside offices in Truro, the UK's most Southerly city, AntiMatter Games' offices are within a few minutes walk of Cornwall's shopping, culture and eating hub. Accessible by bus or train, and with private car parking, or for the more adventurous, you could kayak to work! Perfectly positioned to explore the tranquil South Coast or the crashing Atlantic North Coast, we offer an unrivalled life/work experience for those making games in the UK.
On weekends and evenings, our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!