Software Development Engineer II - Prime Gaming Customer Experience
Prime Gaming (formerly Twitch Prime) is the Amazon Prime service offering members tons of free, exclusive content for their favorite games every month. Right now, Prime members can claim new in-game offers from some of the world’s biggest game titles, plus a collection of games every month that are theirs to keep forever. To learn more, visit gaming.amazon.com. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality.
Prime Gaming's Customer Experience team is seeking a Software Development Engineer II (SDE II) to build customer-facing services and features. You will be focused on building the backend capabilities like ordering, eligibility, and other services that power the customer experiences. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Who You Are
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions, and work with top notch software developers, this might be the role for you. You are able to look at the big picture from both business and technology perspective, possess analytical, design, and problem solving skills, and enjoy working with data, algorithms, and gamers. You are not afraid of ambiguity, like thinking “outside the box”, and get excited about difficult challenges. You are team player and motivated self-starter who thrives in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential.
If you have the programming chops, the leadership skills and a passion for video games then this role is for you.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of industry software development experience designing and developing software with least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C# or C++
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience supporting large-scale high-availability systems in a production environment
- A proven track record in architecting and shipping innovative and highly-scalable cloud systems in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of Java and professional experience using it
- Exceptional communication skills
- A proven track record of making good technical judgement
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Game industry experience and/or a passion for playing video games
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.