Senior Product Manager Mobile
Prime Gaming is an Amazon Prime benefit offering members tons of free, exclusive content for their favorite games, a library of free games, and more. Prime Gaming joins Prime Video, Amazon Music, and Prime Reading to give Prime members the best of all kinds of entertainment. We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager for Mobile Business Strategy to join our team as we continue to make Prime Gaming the most customer-obsessed service possible. In this role you will be responsible for defining a mobile content strategy and helping to launch products and features that will position our business to expand globally on a massive scale.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
As part of Prime Gaming’s Content and Operations team, you will guide the strategy and product development that influences how we adapt and scale Prime Gaming’s mobile business across a range of distinct geographic & cultural markets where Amazon currently operates or plans to enter. You will be joining a fast growing, quickly evolving, Content and Operations team to define the mobile business strategy and ship features that improve and broaden our value proposition for game player customers. The target opportunity is ambiguous, but also massive. You will partner with cross functional teams and stakeholders as you leverage your product management and/or business background to clarify, simplify, prioritize, and deliver impactful projects and features at scale. All while having fun.
You will be the right Product Manager if you:
- Enjoy an entrepreneurial environment where you have freedom to navigate and resolve ambiguity across diverging priorities
- Thrive working off a blank piece of paper to deliver new and creative products for customers
- Prioritize diving deep on customer data and feedback
- Advocate for customers as a committed voice on the team in making daily decisions; choose the right trade-offs and protect high standards on their behalf
- Rally your team to meet their commitments to each other and to customers; setting strategy is not enough - seeing solutions ship, scale, and make a measurable impact on customer’s lives fuels you
- Lead by example and appreciate the importance of rolling up your sleeves and digging in when needed to get the job done
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance current and future business needs versus customer desires
- 5+ years of product management, software engineering, or technology
- 5+ years of experience with end to end product delivery, from idea creation/definition through launch
- 5+ years of entertainment or mobile gaming experience
- Bachelor degree or 5+ years of equivalent experience
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- Experience negotiating and guiding product roadmap and strategy discussions with cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- A proven track record of building new, innovative, and engaging customer experiences informed by customer data and anecdotes
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL strongly preferred)
- Experience working globally, for a global customer base
- MBA preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.