Senior Game Engineer
Amazon builds games! Our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating games like the open world MMO New World as well as unannounced titles for PC, console and mobile platforms. Amazon Games delivers great game benefits to Prime members each month via Prime Gaming, and provides game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
Who you are
We’re looking for a candidate that loves playing games and building engaging gameplay systems that are accessible to all customers!
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where you have influence over technology direction.
- You are passionate about building tools to help developers improve their daily workflows
- Quality and the customer experience are what drives you to help build the services that will support the next blockbuster game.
- You want to be part of something exciting and unique in the gaming ecosystem.
What you'll do
- Design, develop and support multi-player game software using high quality C++ with Unreal engine.
- Ensure that the game is tightly integrated into multiple hardware platforms and ecosystems--fully utilizing the services that are the strength of each platform and conforming with their requirements.
- Collaborate with developers and testers to construct efficient workflows for working with Unreal and our back-end services to ensure high quality on all platforms.
- Monitor, measure, and improve game stability, performance and developer iteration time.
- Proactively identify and solve problems that affect the quality of life for players, operations and other developers.
- Be an advocate for players and developers: Insist on the highest standards, drive to operational excellence, help create functional and engaging customer-centric features.
Our product is an unannounced game built by a team with veterans from many popular titles like EverQuest, PlanetSide, H1Z1, and Free Realms.
Come join our passionate team in San Diego and help make the next game everyone will be downloading to their PCs, phones, tablets and consoles!
Remote workers will be considered.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
- At least two shipped game titles on which you were a primary contributor to major gameplay systems
- Experience with multi-player game architectures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience using Unreal engine
- 3D math knowledge and problem solving.
- 5+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped titles.
- Experience with combat, physics, animation, and other gameplay systems.
- Skills developing efficient tools to support game systems.
- Experience working on large scale, commercial, online game services.
- A passion for video games.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.