At Amazon Games, we believe that gaming has evolved from the earliest arcade communities, growing to the massively shared livestreams and online experiences of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer, and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
Do you spend a weird amount of time on Twitter, TikTok, or Reddit checking out gaming memes? Are you also an organized, creative, detail oriented person who wants a career in video game content, editorial, and social media? Maybe you already work in games and want to join a team of experienced Community and Marketing folks to help you continue to develop your career? We’re looking for someone to join the Content Team in our Community department to help us communicate better with our players and keep them engaged between news updates.
- Contributing to planning sessions that drive the creation of our content calendar
- Scheduling and staging Social Media posts using Sprout Social or platform native tools
- Drafting and proofreading articles, blog entries, video scripts, in-game communications, release notes, and copy for review
- Monitoring channel responsiveness and updating our messaging to reflect incoming questions and opportunities
- Building a deep working knowledge of our game and the features, systems, and content it includes
- Delivering Qualitative and Quantitative reporting
- Escalating Social Media contacts to the correct functional teams
- Monitoring conversations from our community to identify opportunities to create relatable content for followers
- Working across multiple teams to ensure alignment of all initiatives across all channels and to ensure quality promotion of content
- Supporting with project management for assets or campaigns
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
About the hiring group
Community is the tip of the spear on Customer Obsession, acts as the informed voice of the customer within Amazon Games, and owns customer satisfaction both in an out of game. Community develops the social fabric that will surround our games, nurturing the quantity and quality of connections between players and with the team creating our games. Community will also amplify the passion of our players and the value of our service out into gaming culture to raise awareness, increase the reach of our messaging, and grow our player base. Our goal is to establish a community where customers feel heard, engaged, entertained, informed, and connected to something much larger than themselves.
- 2+ years of professional writing experience for games
- 2+ years experience in forecasting and analytics
- 2+ years experience with project management
- Education background in writing or language arts or Social Media marketing
- Experience working in the gaming industry, writer or social media manager
- Experience working with Content Creators and Influencers
- Experience with CMS systems, Sprout Social, social and content analysis tools
- Experience with complex internal content approval processes and stakeholders management
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- A strong passion for video games and the gaming community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.