Senior Visual Designer - Marketing
Who we are
A Thinking Ape builds communities through mobile games with emergent social play and original IP. We released our first game in 2009 and have been profitable and growing every year since. We are a bottom-up driven company with small teams that have a big focus on ownership and data driven decision making. Our portfolio of games are growing. We are scaling our marketing team and entering new markets to capitalize on this growth and bring our games to more players.
Our internal marketing team is responsible for growing our existing games through creative ad campaigns across multiple ad networks. The team is made up of growth analysts, and artists who collaboratively find new ways to grow our games.
We are looking for a senior visual designer to work with our internal marketing creative team to create eye catching ad campaigns for our mobile games. You will work closely with our existing team to create and execute on ad campaigns for our games across multiple ad networks. Ads consist of video and static formats so being able to do both is a must. We are always looking for new ways to engage and excite our audience through eye-catching and sometimes quite humorous ads, so a good sense of humour is also a must (plus it makes work far more enjoyable!).
Things you will work on
- Work closely with Art Directors and the rest of our team of marketing artists to create eye catching advertising campaigns
- Produce digital mockups, assets and campaigns of various sizes and resolutions to be used across multiple advertising platforms
- Work on multiple concurrent products while meeting tight deadlines
- Collaborate with various game teams and artists to showcase exciting new features
- Use data to continually iterate and improve on ad concepts
Who you are
You are excited about the types of games we make at ATA and the variety of audiences our marketing creative team must appeal to through the content they create. You can create high level marketing assets in both video and static. But what really excites you is the variety in this role and the opportunity to work alongside your team creating concepts and brainstorming new ideas.
The perfect candidate will be a motion designer who also has graphic design skills.
- Strong understanding of marketing design and best practices is a MUST
- A problem solver willing to take on challenges
- Can work independently as well as with others
- Expert level in graphic design, layout, typography and motion graphics
- Experience with production pipelines and strong understanding of digital pipeline best practices
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Working knowledge with 3D files/assets
Some other things that help are
- Have worked in the games and/or mobile industry before
- Have sketching and storyboarding skills
- Are skilled in illustration, animation or 3D software
What to Include in Your Application
- Your portfolio (online or offline)
- Advertising work
- Work with typography
- Any video or motion design work
We have committed to a remote first approach with access to in-person collaboration spaces in Vancouver when safe to do so. Our intention is to use 2021 as the foundational year to develop our remote excellence and help shape the future of ATA. This means our roles are currently open to candidates who can work in Canada between the core hours of 11am - 4pm PST. We are open to help relocate the successful candidate to Canada.
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail–you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What’s in it for you
At ATA you’re offered a flexible, safe, inclusive environment in which you have the autonomy to do your best work, surrounded by a strong team and with the encouragement of supportive leadership that doesn’t just care what you’re doing, but how you’re doing. You’re trusted, respected, listened to, cared for and valued. You take on thought-provoking projects and tackle fun problems alongside people who are equally invested in making meaningful contributions and seeing new ideas come to life. You know how your work aligns with the company’s goals. Your career is given the space and resources to progress. You accomplish things that make you proud. You are compensated competitively, your health and wellbeing are top priorities and you enjoy plenty of perks. You build communities, take ownership, have wonderful arguments, let the best ideas win and keep growing. You don’t just work for ATA, you are an integral part of ATA.
Our commitment to inclusion
We build communities. To do this to the best of our abilities, we need a workforce that reflects the diverse player communities we serve. We believe a variety of perspectives and experiences allows us to make better decisions and understand the needs of our players. We work hard to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and feel like they belong at ATA.
Please consider applying even if you don't meet every qualification and let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.