Senior Character Technical Artist
***Resumes must be submitted in English***
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
Our Senior Character Technical Artist will drive productivity, innovation, and efficiency in our highly ambitious game. You will own many technical aspects of the character-side pipeline. You will be self motivated, you will be faced with interesting, challenging, evolving problems that require a creative yet disciplined approach. You will collaborate with Technical Art Director, game designers, producers, engineers, artists and more to understand needs, design solutions, and make them a reality.
You will thrive on our values driven team under strong leadership, supportive management and a collaborative team.
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with your director, peers, and customers.
- Develop the tech, tools, and pipelines allowing us to innovate efficiently within the character techart space at the highest standards
- Support the character, animation, vehicle, prop, and weapon teams.
- Work in the engine looking for ways to streamline runtime performance.
- Help set team standards around documentation, scripting best practices, and overall tool quality.
- Rig, skin, & export a variety of asset types working closely with your customers on those teams.
If you are a Senior Technical Artist with experience on the environment art side, especially those in the mobile and/or AAA game space, we think you will be a great fit and we’d love to hear from you!
- 5+ years in the games industry.
- Expert Maya technical knowledge.
- Strong Python scripting and Maya Python API skills.
- Familiar with existing technical standards within the character techart space.
- Proactive troubleshooting and problem solving to help the team as needed.
- Customer focused: customers are what drive technology, not technology for the sake of it.
- Great collaborative teamwork skills.
- Appreciates modularity, reuse, and elegant design.
- Robust knowledge of rigging all asset types: Human, creature, props, vehicles, and weapons, including blendshape facial rigging.
- Familiar with the evaluation graph in Maya and node performance.
- Strong skinning skills with an understanding of what makes good deformation within the limitations of the engine.
- Deep understanding of how skinned geometry, animation, materials, and textures are exported to the game.
- Deep understanding of DCC -> Engine export pipelines
- Familiar with runtime cloth and rigid sim + Maya-side setup.
- Familiar with blendshape deformations & rigging.
- Value Adds:
- Previous animation / modeling / shading / texturing / UV / design experience.
- Unreal knowledge.
- C++ knowledge.
- Shipped one or more AAA titles.
- Knowledge of applications like Photoshop, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, and Zbrush
- Able to work and communicate in English
- Must be EU Citizen
Please note that 31st Union and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. All correspondence will come from an official 31st Union or 2K domain account