Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Irrational Games, 2K Marin, Cat Daddy Games and. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit oru website.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager in Japan, the Associate Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Assist the Senior Marketing Manager & Marketing Manager in the planning and execution of all local marketing campaigns and events for all 2K titles.
- Co-plan and develop the Influencer Social Media & strategy for multi-format videogame releases in Japanwith Japan Managers, and discover new up and coming influencer partners and gaming talents for future partnership with 2K franchises.
- Execute the Social Media & Influencer plans and tactics, and plan, develop and execute community events and initiatives. This should include bolted on activity at 2K pre-planned Marketing/PR events, dedicated Influencer/Community events and third-party events/exhibitions where we can gain stage presence (e.g. Tokyo Game Show, Nintendo Direct) etc.
- Devise and create content and communication materials for local Social Media channels. This could include the creation of original content, localization of globally created content and the sourcing & repurposing of content from 2K’s relevant communities.
- Analyze and evaluate Social Media and Influencer campaign performance through regular quantitative and qualitative reporting and KPI assessments.
- Maintaining and leveraging relationship with all priority local partners – media, first party, agency, vendr, etc, and build and maintain excellent working relationships with external communications and influencer agencies, promotional agencies, first parties, retail and licensing partners.
- Be a product ambassador: endorse 2K and 2K titles at meetings, briefings, conferences, industry events, interviews, articles and media blasts, maintaining a positive outlook with creators and partners at all times both at formal occasions and informally.
- Work cross-functionally with Asia Lead and Sales Teams to ensure the social media and influencer plans, marketing/media plans and PR plans are linked effectively, complement each other and deliver a full owned, earned and paid channel mix.
- Responsible for Writing, editing and translating localized materials such as press releases, asset packs and trailer scripts from English to Japanese. Review Japanese translation provided by global or agency before submission. Translate event presentation and interviews and provide feedback on key campaigns to the global team in English.
- Perform other duties as required by the Japan Marketing Senior Manager/Manager such as budget management, Comms/PR, creative control, approval process, etc.
- Develop local marketing and communications strategies for assigned 2K titles as a title lead, manage the marketing budget and execute all marketing, advertising, and promotional activities aligning with global team.
- Support and mentor the marketing assistant.
Keys to success in this role:
- More than 5 years of experience in the marketing, PR and/or Social industry in FMCG, gaming, entertainment marketing or consumer lifestyle brands.
- More than 3 years of experience leading social media, community or influencer marketing, ideally within the gaming industry. Excellent understanding of Japan local Social Media and Influencer landscape.
- Basic gaming skills – able to set up game system and play game.
- Native Japanese skill in order to create and localize marketing assets
- Fluent English skill to be able to translate materials and communicate with global team.
- A strong team player, eye for detail and willingness to learn and roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Able to multi task multiple tasks and roles in helping execution of marketing campaigns.
- Desired skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Powerpoint, Excel, Word
- A passion for video games, and also interest in sports, especially in NBA and WWE, will be preferred.
- Enthusiastic and willingness to learn and contribute.