LGBTQIA+ Gaming Industry Resources
The LGBTQIA+ community has made significant strides in the gaming industry, both in terms of representation and creating safe spaces for developers and players alike. In this article, we will explore a selection of valuable resources dedicated to supporting LGBTQIA+ individuals and fostering inclusivity within the gaming community. From organizations and mentorship programs to curated archives and online communities, these initiatives contribute to a more diverse and vibrant gaming landscape.
- Queer Game Bundle
- The Queer Game Bundle (@QueerGameBundle) is an initiative that aims to support queer indie, micro, and art game developers. By collaborating with these developers, the bundle showcases and promotes their work, offering players a diverse range of gaming experiences that explore LGBTQIA+ themes and narratives. Supporting the Queer Game Bundle allows you to contribute directly to the success and visibility of queer game developers.
- GGP Discord
- Gay Gaming Professionals (gaygamingpros.org) is a prominent organization representing lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender game industry professionals and enthusiasts from around the world. GGP provides a platform for networking, career development, and advocacy. Through their events, mentorship opportunities, and resources, GGP empowers LGBTQIA+ individuals in the gaming industry and fosters a sense of community.
- Trans Game Dev
- TransGameDev (@transgamedev) is a vibrant community that welcomes and supports transgender individuals who are working in or aspiring to join the game industry. With over 1,300 members, TransGameDev offers a safe space for networking, sharing experiences, and finding mentorship opportunities. It serves as an inclusive hub for transgender game developers to connect, collaborate, and thrive.
- LGBTQ Video Game Archive
- The LGBTQ Video Game Archive (@LGBTQ_GA) is a comprehensive collection of information on LGBTQ content in digital games from the 1980s to the present day. Curated and researched by dedicated individuals, the archive explores the representation and impact of LGBTQIA+ characters, storylines, and themes in gaming. It serves as an invaluable resource for researchers, developers, and gamers interested in LGBTQIA+ representation in the gaming industry.
- The Esports Coven
- The Esports Coven (@TheEsportsCoven) is a UK and Ireland-based community for women and non-binary students interested in gaming and esports. It offers a supportive and inclusive environment for networking, sharing experiences, and finding mentorship opportunities. The Esports Coven encourages women and non-binary individuals to pursue careers in gaming and provides them with a platform to connect and grow within the industry.
- Limit Break Mentorship
- Limit Break Mentorship (@LBMentorship) is a UK-based program designed to support underrepresented individuals in the games industry. While applications for the current year may be closed, it is worth keeping an eye on this program for future opportunities. Limit Break pairs mentees with experienced professionals who provide guidance, advice, and support to help mentees thrive in their careers. The mentorship program plays a crucial role in fostering diversity and inclusion within the UK gaming industry.
- Diversity Champions
- Diversity Champions (@Diversity_Champ) is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering underrepresented individuals in the gaming industry. By bringing gaming professionals together, Diversity Champions provides networking opportunities, mentorship programs, and resources to support marginalized communities. Through their initiatives, Diversity Champions strives to create a more inclusive and diverse gaming industry for everyone.
Embrace the power of these resources to make a positive impact in the LGBTQIA+ gaming space and help shape a more inclusive future for all gamers. if you're looking for gaming jobs, check out thousands of opportunities within the industry on Hitmarker.