We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona, part of the Take-Two Interactive family. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world.
As a member of the QA team, you will be responsible for testing our games systematically to cover all areas and features, analyzing the game’s performance, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. QA is responsible for assuring quality in the final products and for finding flaws in the games before they go public. They perform a vital role in game development; testing the assigned games for defects through the use of test plans and thoroughly debugging all gameplay functionality prior to final submission.
Your role is to provide support for the game teams during the development and release process to ensure we hit the scheduled release date with a high-quality product.
- Become a subject matter expert on your assigned game project and affiliated LiveOps. Understand how all the parts of the game work at a base level and understand all dependencies between them.
- Build a close relationship with your colleagues in Product, Project Management and Engineering for your assigned game team. Strong team communication to ensure objectives are aligned.
- Be in charge of the full software testing life cycle.
- Be a strong voice advocating for the highest quality player experience while maintaining flexibility in this fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Work effectively with offshore QA team members to deliver on-schedule testing of features and releases.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- High level of English, both written and spoken (English is our official language!)
- 1-2 years of experience in the gaming industry, preferably on mobile
- Strong familiarity and experience with iOS and Android platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good understanding of the User Experience
- Experience using bug tracking tools, such as Jira and TestRail
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
Compensation & Benefits
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, just in case.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English, Spanish & Catalan).
- Spotify Premium for the first 6 months of your employment with us.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
If you choose to work in the office some days, don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our benefits tied to the office;
- State of the art gym facilities so you can level up your fitness game.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet).
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.