Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented Socialpointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. Join us and help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do?
As a Data Engineer you will help build the architecture that drives our business.
You will design and implement scalable systems that can handle 100K events per second and work with databases with over 150 TB of compressed data.
You will design Socialpoint’s Data Warehouse and ensure the highest level of data integrity and robustness. Finally, you will make all this data available to the different teams using cutting-edge visualization tools.
To achieve all of this you will work closely with awesome developers and data scientists to make Socialpoint’s BI tools and architecture the best in the industry.
This is you
- 1+ years of programming or scripting experience in Python. Experience with other programming languages will also be considered.
- 1+ years of experience in SQL. You can optimize a query for a specific database and understand the different capabilities of a given vendor DB.
- You have a big interest in data and how it’s transformed into useful, actionable information.
It would be nice if you have…
- Experience implementing BI solutions.
- Dimensional modeling skills or experience designing a Data Warehouse.
- Experience with Big Data / Column store DBs (Redshift, Presto, Vertica, BigQuery...).
And you are also
- Professional, passionate about video games and analytics, problem solver, proactive, team worker, rigorous and data oriented.
- You are smart, creative and pragmatic. You love researching the newest advances and finding practical ways to integrate them into your work.
- You work fast without forgetting quality, quickly understand existing code and learn new concepts easily.
- You understand Data Engineering is also about solving business problems, not just technical ones.
- You have a good English level.
What's in it for you
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
We also offer:
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, just in case.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English, Spanish & Catalan).
- Spotify Premium for the first 6 months of your employment with us.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you and real growth opportunities!
And when you work in the office, don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our onsite benefits:
- State of the art gym facilities so you can level up your fitness game.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet).
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.