We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio part of the Take-Two Interactive family. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. Our team of Game-Makers based in sunny Barcelona are on a mission to create fun, exciting games and have fun doing it!
We’re looking for software engineers to build the sharpest tools to provide our game designers, producers and live-ops operators with the best assistance they need to excel in their work. You will contribute to designing, developing and tweaking meaningful tools that will provide your teammates with invaluable help and greatly increase their productivity. You will work closely with other awesome professionals inside game teams and your solutions will empower the workflow of their processes.
- Our applications are developed using several technologies & programming languages (Angular, Typescript, AWS EC2, etc…), so you should not be afraid to work with existing code, extend, maintain & continuously refactor the toolset of our games.
- Your job is not only about coding. You will also have to work with your colleagues that will be working in the development of the game to integrate your tools, as well as writing documentation, knowledge sharing and training other team members.
- Most of the services developed and under development require supporting visual tools in order to optimize and streamline the usage of the services, so having a hand for UX is a must.
- You should be able to understand your colleagues’ needs, discover common frustration points and design solutions for them. You should also be able to acquire an overview to prioritize, evaluate and maintain a roadmap.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- High level of English, both written and spoken (English is our official language!)
- 3+ years of programming experience.
- You have a strong background in ES6 and/or Typescript
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks like Angular, React or Vue.js
- You have also experience with any server-side technology: Nodejs, PHP, Golang, Python, …
- Fluency with automation systems like Gulp, Grunt, Makefile
- Fluency in working with all kind of services in REST, GraphQL
- You have experience with complex and high concurrent web development featuring multiple technologies.
- You are able to explain technical issues to both technical & non-technical audience
Compensation & Benefits
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- Full private medical and dental insurance for you and your family
- 200€ restaurant ticket each month to spend on a delicious lunch, breakfast, or dinner!
- A brand new shiny device when you join! Choose the latest phone or tablet
- Spotify Premium code
- Care packages delivered to our Socalpointers who are WFH
- Regular online social events over Zoom (and in person when the situation allows)
- Parent survival pack for our SP parents! Extra €€€ or vouchers, you choose!
- All of the latest SP Merch free and discounted products on the T2 Store
- A birthday gift for all our wonderful Socalpointers to celebrate their big day
- Onsite Physiotherapist and Hairdresser
And if you are relocating to Barcelona;
- Access to relocation services to help you deal with the bureaucratic side of moving
- Newbies program to help you assimilate to life in Barcelona if you’re new to the city
- Accountancy & Tax support
And when we return to the office;
- On Mondays, breakfast is on us ;)
- Access to fully kitted out, state of the art onsite gym facilities
- A playground full of consoles, games, and other surprising things to entertain you
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time!
We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.