Smilegate Barcelona is expanding and we are looking to add a Game Designer to the team and work on a huge new AAA open world game.
As a key member of the design team you will take ownership of core gameplay systems, working closely with all other disciplines to implement them to the highest standard.
What the role involves:
- Create detailed game design documents and prototype specifications which can be used throughout the production process
- Develop and iterate the game design through close collaboration with Programmers, Artists, and other disciplines
- Understand the iterating brief over the lifetime of the project, and apply style guides and consistent gameplay languages across the game
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game, whilst balancing various areas such as controls, combat etc.
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Fix the issues raised by testers
- At least one shipped title in a design role
- Experience with modern AAA open world games and their sandbox systems and mechanics
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proactive, supportive attitude and you are flexible
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Beer Thursdays
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of [email protected] (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.