Playgami is Scopely's internal SaaS B2B platform for games. It offers the tools that help operate our multi-platform games, supports millions of users playing our games daily, and processes the huge amount of data they produce. If you work for Playgami you'll join a great team of inner-motivated individuals from diverse disciplines and backgrounds who aim to create the world's best products for game production, operations, and insights while having fun at the same time.
Working as an analytics engineer in Scopely's Playgami team means you'll help turn outstanding data tech and products into transformative results. You will work with best-in-class data technologies and be at the forefront of analytics in gaming and beyond. You will report to the Director of Analytics Engineering and you will have a direct impact on our games and our player experience.
If that sounds good to you, read on!
What does an analytics engineer at Scopely do?
- We collaborate with engineers, product teams, and analysts to create self-serve insight products that are fast, accurate and elastic at petabyte scale
- We work across the full data product lifecycle: designing new tracking plans, developing data models, ELT pipelines and self-serve insight products like Looker explores and dashboards
- We are stewards of data quality, ensuring that metrics are consistently reported across the catalogue of data products
- We work with cutting edge tech (BigQuery, dbt, Looker)
- We look forward and back, applying tools like BQML to predict player behaviour
- We empathise with our game product teams and departments to make their daily work more enjoyable and their products more successful
- We often specialise in some part of the data stack and lifecycle but always aim to contribute across the full spectrum
What are some of the attributes we think make a great analytics engineer?
- You love solving puzzles
- You can translate needs into analytics tech
- You have experience with the modern data stack (tools like BigQuery, Snowflake, dbt, Looker, Airflow, github and command line-based workflows) or a hunger to work in that domain
- You have first class SQL skills and 3+ years of experience in a relevant role
- You understand the importance of data modelling, like knowing your Kimballs, your star schemas
- You value business context and improvement as much as you do first class technical solutions
- You love collaboration and take pride in working in high functioning teams
- You enjoy working in rapidly evolving, hyper-growth environments where every change presents an opportunity for us to grow
- You love having fun at work. Ping Pong/Mario Kart skills are a plus!
Life at Scopely BCN
- Great compensation package, including base and bonus
- Private health insurance 100% covered for you and private life insurance
- Free catered lunches daily, well stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks and drinks in our Barcelona office
- Flex Retribution
- The Playgami project is based in Barcelona, but we are happy to hire candidates who work remotely from any other city in Spain, Portugal, the UK or Ireland
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions 2019, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company's 'World's Most Innovative Companies' and #2 on Deloitte's 'Technology Fast 500' as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people's lives. With global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona and Dublin (DIGIT Games Studios), and additional studios in seven countries across four continents, Scopely has raised more than $250 million in financing from global entertainment and technology investors.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.