At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is looking for a Mocap Tools Developer to work with our award-winning development team and help create and build upon the next generation of mocap tools and pipeline. You will be working with a talented core team of passionate and committed individuals to work on some of the largest scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You will have the opportunity to build and develop new tools and pipelines used across all our studios in a friendly and inclusive environment where you can collaborate with some of the most accomplished and driven people in the industry. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in New York or San Diego
WHAT WE DO
- Support the existing motion capture pipeline and all the studios that utilize it.
- Design and build tools for the whole mocap pipeline, from pre-production planning to post-production to animation.
- Understand how the different processes connect and build new tools to improve efficiency and turnaround times.
- Spec out and pitch new concepts or applications of relevant research based projects.
- Help to elevate our state-of-the-art mocap pipelines by deeper integration and collaborations with other DCC packages and systems.
- Maintain and extend these system based on input from development/production for both short term projects and longer term goals.
- Extend and create new tools and workflows for real-time visualization of Performance Capture.
- Collaborate with animators and production to develop efficient workflows and supporting tools.
- Develop software to enhance existing 2D/3D tracking solutions, image-based data capture, and motion retargeting systems.
- Participate in discussions surrounding future workflow and tool development.
- Support and troubleshoot tools on a live production motion capture stage environment.
- 3+ years of Python experience, preferably in a Linux environment.
- An in-depth understanding of Motion Capture Systems and underpinning principal technologies involved.
- Ability to write customs tools for motion capture animation pipeline.
- SQL, Mongo or similar enterprise level database server experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working with 3D animation and modeling software (MotionBuilder, Maya).
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the production team.
- Must have the ability to adapt to evolving tasks and priorities as directed by stage production requirements.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and continue to improve on existing workflow.
- Experience working in Operating Systems including Windows and Linux platforms.
- Ability to communicate well with teammates from a wide variety of disciplines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience developing or interfacing with graphical user interfaces a plus.
- 3+ years of industry experience using motion capture technology.
- Passion for playing and making video games.
- Experience in writing Qt GUIs in Python and/or C++.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.