We are looking for a Senior Unity Developer who can lead and contribute to the development of both our original games and SDKs. You will be an integral member of our team as we build out original game modes, integrate tools into existing games, and build SDKs to integrate AI technology into other studios for bot use cases. The ideal candidate is a game developer generalist with years of experience shipping games.
At Regression Games, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge approaches in AI agents, as well as develop entirely new game mechanics that are unique to this space of AIs playing games. The team is passionate and extremely excited about this entirely new form of gaming, especially as AI, coding, and esports programs grow in schools. The next generation of players will be more technical, and we want to build the platform where they have fun.
- Designing and implementing game mechanics, core game loops, character logic, UIs, and scripts
- Inventing new game mechanics and concepts for this exciting new genre of AI gaming
- Developing SDKs and tools that allow bots and agents to connect and control characters within the game
- Designing and developing profiler and debugger tools for players to understand their bot behaviors
- Understanding constraints and requirements from studio partners, and translating those into a working product and solution
- A love for gaming, esports, and AI
- A rapid prototyping mentality, and showable portfolio demonstrating this
- Demonstrated mastery of C# (Unity 3D) with strong coding standards.
- Experience shipping games
- A rich understanding of game design principles and player experience
- Experience in git version-control software
- Ability to work in a team and develop re-usable commented code.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where learning new information often changes everything
- Experience with scripting, textures, modeling, animation, GUI styles, and user session management
Nice to haves
- Experience developing and deploying AI agents for games
- Experience shipping games at a AAA studio
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn other game engines, such as Unreal or Godot
- We have team members in the ET and PT timezones - overlap with those is preferred, but not necessary
- Unlimited PTO (with a minimum required time of 15 days)
- Great medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Mental health resources and reimbursement
- Remote-first (will have optional office space as we grow)
- Recognition of work in-game
- $1000 game and professional development reimbursements
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe in our vision and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Regression Games is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $170,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan