About Payment Labs
Payment Labs was created by a team of tech professionals dedicated to simplifying the payment process and giving smaller businesses and organizations the same resources as large enterprises. With easy-to-use Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products, companies are able to quickly make global payments while staying in compliance with changing tax regulations and privacy laws. Payment Labs develops products that serve the specific payment needs of fast-growing industries, such as gaming, esports, traditional sports, NIL (Name, Image Likeness), and the creator economy that require fast and compliant solutions for businesses to pay people globally.
We’re building a team that is passionate about building the future of payments from businesses to individuals. The right fit is more important than the right resumé - we encourage people to apply even when all of the listed requirements are not met. We also strongly believe that a diversity of perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures creates an environment where true innovation and excellence can be nurtured and blossom.
Remote, West Coast time zone preferred
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will find and screen potential customers in the gaming and esports industry who can benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, building new relationships, and setting our sales closers up for success.
Who You Are
You love learning, growing, and are a naturally curious and driven person. You are tech savvy, resourceful, and comfortable communicating across email, phone, and social media. You may have done sales in the past, or you may have never done sales but are interested in exploring it as a career path. You are passionate about video games and esports with sales experience and network of contacts at prospective companies. You embrace challenges and are creative, persistent and scrappy in driving conversations, building relationships, and creating opportunities. You are hungry and are excited by the prospect of uncapped compensation and making a big impact!
On track earnings (OTE) of $125k with a base pay of $60k with the potential to earn well above OTE if performance targets and spiffs are met. The harder you work, and the more successful that work is, the more compensation you can expect. Additional stock-based compensation (not factored into OTE) is available based upon experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Utilize LinkedIn, Hubspot, Zoominfo, cold calling, email and other social media platforms to generate new sales opportunities
- Partner closely with Account Executives on prospecting strategies and communications to out-bound targets
- Identify and research organizations with high sales potential for the company and map relevant contacts (users, champions, stakeholders, decision makers).
- Represent our company’s products and services with a comprehensive understanding of our value to customers and the problems we solve in the market
- Discover and understand the pain points within target organizations, and map back our solution against customer needs
- Generate leads through personalized, targeted, and well crafted outbound emails, social media messaging, and cold calling
- Triage, organize, and manage lead funnel and strategically build relationships by nurturing warm prospects while expanding lead pipeline with fresh prospects
- Qualify prospective targets and contacts within target organizations, then work to set up meetings with account executives to generate
- Manage and update CRM database to keep an accurate record of contact activity, research, notes, and status in both lead and opportunity pipelines
- Meet activity targets on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, to ensure a steady flow of leads and to help ensure meeting and exceeding OTE performance targets
- Identify best practices and produce relevant materials to optimize the company’s lead generation and sales prospecting playbook
- Collect, organize, and detail out vertical-specific use cases, in order to scalable expand prospecting efforts across verticals
- Strategically network within target organizations to obtain introductions between contacts in order to reach key stakeholders and target customers
- Prepare reporting weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting as needed for the sales manager and executive team
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Comfortable with cold outbound outreach and use of social media
- Motivated to achieve performance targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Proficiency with Hubspot or other CRM software
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of relevant sales experience
- At least 1 to 2 years of sales experience (plus for exceeding performance targets)
- Must have sales or relevant experience in video games, esports or sports
- Knowledge or experience in payments and Fintech is a bonus but not required
Email a cover letter explaining your experience in video games and esports along with your resume to apply.