We are looking for a skilled Security Architect to join our Activision Blizzard King (ABK) Security Architecture team. If you are a passionate gamer with a security and systems engineering background, come be a part of our team. The Security Architect will support ABK Security Architecture and other business partner teams to find opportunities to improve the security posture of the various functions within the organization. You will take overall responsibility for both crafting and testing new controls. You will develop in house proof of concepts and engage vendors to identify suitable commercial products. You will contribute to the overall information security risk analysis effort and establish and monitor security KPI’s.
This role reports into the Director, Security Architecture and maintains good relationships with all line- of- business technology groups. You will work closely with several key individuals and teams and will be part of a talented team of security engineers and architects who demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security across our enterprise. Qualified candidates will have a background in IT, computer, security systems analysis and engineering.
Your role within our Kingdom
Priorities can often change in a fast- paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Providing leadership and decision making for all aspects of security architecture across IT programmes and solutions
- Identify gaps in our current processes, workflows and design architectures and recommend changes or enhancements as needed
- Work with other teams to drive new projects, product implementations configuration reviews, ensuring that standards are maintained
- Determine project based security requirements by evaluating business use cases in line with overall security posture and risk tolerance.
- Prepare security related assessment reports with clearly documented findings and recommendations
- Oversee technology procurement choices for security systems and system controls in partnership with security research and findings
- Work closely with various teams to continually improve our security offerings while reducing our exposure to risk, including supporting the teams during security related incidents
- Perform security assessments and due diligence exercises on both in- house and third party systems/vendors and evaluate the findings, making “go” / “no- go” decisions as required
- Track and evaluate changes in the threat landscape, ensuring that prompt and proactive changes are made to our security systems and strategies when needed
- Act as an advocate for security and the team in all tasks and engagements, not just architecture specific
Skills To Create Thrills
You have a self- starter attitude so you’re able to take direction and complete tasks on your own while working in a team. Other skills include:
- Proven work experience as a system engineer or information security engineer
- Detailed technical knowledge of operating systems and database security
- Solid understanding of risk- driven security architecture and/or zero trust architectures.
- Experience hardening clients, servers and networks services
- Excellent knowledge of cloud security standard methodologies and solutions in cloud security posture management and cloud security workload management.
- Experience in any Cloud Platform like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Experience with network technologies, security, and monitoring tools
- Hands- on experience with log collection, normalizing, and management; security infrastructure and policies; and risk mitigation
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Ability to problem solve independently and collaborate as a team to solve complex problems in support of the team’s mission
- Demonstrable experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows and/or UNIX/Linux based environments
- Knowledge of industry best practices for foundational security elements including network devices and system- level hardening
- Must be willing to do occasional traveling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English.
Tasty Bonus Skills
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management frameworks
- Knowledge of containerization software: Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of shell scripting, Python, Perl
- Knowledge of Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) products.
- Knowledge of Devops and Infrastructure as Code frameworks.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.