We are looking for an experienced QA Analyst for our Barcelona office, to work with our tech teams to provide Game Operations tools and services to our game teams in an agile fashion.
Your role within our Kingdom
The QA Analyst needs to live and breath quality and used to working in a highly agile environment.
- Work close to the programmers, understands their needs and supports the verification of various developing features of our engine and tools
- Detect and isolate the repeatability steps of application errors
- Hands- on testing including functionality, exploratory, integration and regression tests
- Collaborate with the team to help implement/improve and automate test and release processes
- Understands tech stack on a basic level
- Acknowledges all technical features and particularities of devices used in the testing process
- Participates actively in improving test design & test coverage
- Posts a clear and accurate description of each bug found in the QA database.
- Manages defects through to resolution
- Shares technical knowledge/potentially general bugs/improvement ideas with the rest of the testing team
- Supports the development team with coherent and objective information
- Provides positive/negative feedback with regard to the quality of the application
- Is proactive in the approach to testing. They ask themselves "What testing is needed, here and now?"
- Creates testing scenarios specific to assigned tasks
- Performs additional activities assigned by managers
- Participates in sprint planning meetings, design reviews and sprint retrospectives
Skills to create thrills
You are passionate about games and tools to make them and able to work in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time.
Other skills include:
- Previous experience in a QA department
- Quality oriented - keep customers always in mind
- Fluent in English
- Experience in performing functional and regression testing
- Excellent capacity of focusing to details
- Experience in working on different platforms and technologies
- Experience with bug databases (Jira, Hansoft) and Office tools (Excel, Outlook)
- Scripting experience with Python or UI automation a plus
- Basic experience with Git and Jenkins
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.