We are looking for a Junior QA Specialist with strong testing and organization skills to join the Central QA team in Barcelona.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to build outstanding user experiences and entertainment for millions of players to enjoy, then this is the right job for you. As part of the Central QA team, you will help to produce incredible experiences for our players with the level of high quality that King stands for. The Junior QA Specialist needs to live and breathe quality and you will be part of a creative, meaningful and agile environment where your ideas will be every bit as valuable as your agile testing expertise. Your role will be to work with agile development teams and focus predominantly on providing a quality testing service for all our games.
- Understand and implement scripted testing. Learn regression and exploratory testing techniques.
- Develop and promote good QA practices, for example: agile testing and risk based testing.
- Help maintain test plans and test cases for the game's features.
- Organize the testing activities, internally within the team and with external regression teams.
- Understand how the games integrate with King Tech products.
- Collaborate in the continuous improvement of QA processes at King.
- Be aware of and actively drive the vision agreed for the QA craft organization.
- Assist the teams with test execution, defect analysis/root cause investigation, test reporting and improving the bug process.
Skills to create thrills
- At least 6 months experience with mobile device testing.
- Proactivity and engagement to learn and grow professionally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with team members.
- Proficient in English.
- Experience of working in the gaming industry.
- Experience with JIRA or other similar bug and project management tools.
- Experience with TestRail or other similar test management tools.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King's games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It's what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we're not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!