IO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Technical Producer to join our cross-game Backbone Technology team. Backbone team develops and maintains all the technology used across all the awesome IO-interactive games such as engine, editors, tooling and online, to name a few.
We are looking for a strong communicator who understands technology and, of course, knowledge around game production is a big plus. You will be very proactive and able to establish systems for planning, reporting, and controlling various aspects of production. You will be willing to work in close collaboration with the Backbone and Game Management team and the Leads to achieve goals in time and quality.
This person will report to the Backbone Executive Producer and will be responsible for supporting developers in Backbone in their respective fields as well as communication with the different projects going on in the studio. Her/his main purpose is to drive and facilitate communication and development.
You will provide inspiration and act as motivator for a team of talented programmers and engineers.
What you will do:
- Technical planning representative within game management – act as representative for the tech team within the game management group in coordination with Backbone’s management team.
- Constant aligning and tracking of the tech team’s goals in order to fully support the priorities and requirements of the project in coordination with the Backbone’s Executive Producer as well as Technical Director
- Long term planning and maintenance of the game technology backlog in coordination with Backbone’s Technical Director and the studio’s CTO
- Short term planning and goal tracking within the tech team in alignment with the tech team Leads
- Management, coordination, and validation of builds and branches in coordination with game timelines and milestones
- Risk management
- Memory budget and performance tracking on all levels of production on the project
- Participate in the interview process for the tech team
- Participate in employees’ performance review process
- Workflow improvements and production optimizations
- Tracking TCR/TRC requirements and other external technical certification requirements
- Aligning and managing requirements with external middleware providers
Who you are:
- Profound knowledge of project management methods and software packages
- Good understanding of general software development practices
- Good knowledge and understanding of system integration and version control
- Experience with software defect tracking methods
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English
- Strong conflicts resolution skills
- At least 3 years of experience as a Technical Producer videogame production or a comparable software production of similar complexity
We’d love it if you had:
- One or more shipped AAA console videogames as a Technical Producer
- Experience with JIRA
- Project management certifications such as Prince2, SCRUM, Kanban
- University diploma (or equivalent) in engineering and/or management
- Basic knowledge of C++ / C#
- Passion for video games
Who we are:
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people from over 30 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona studios. We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same
Oh, and did you know we won Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019?
The position is open in our Malmö, Barcelona or Copenhagen studios. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English.