Humanoid Origin is a new videogame company founded on the axiom that creative freedom and independence lead to better, more innovative games. We believe in the power of small, agile teams, and a flat organizational structure, where everyone is empowered to make decisions and help drive the project vision.
We are a Canadian company with offices in Kelowna, B.C, and Edmonton, Alberta. We offer a flexible work environment combining from-home, in-office, and remote work – as well as industry-leading compensation and benefits. By joining Humanoid, you will be welcomed into a diverse team of talented developers creating an immersive new universe of story, character, and discovery.
As a Senior Real-Time VFX Artist, you will be working closely with the VFX Lead, in collaboration with the rest of the team, to help explore and define the look-and-feel of VFX content for our new and exciting science fiction IP.
As part of our flexible location model, this role can be done remotely throughout North America or in-office, either in BC or Alberta.
- Work closely with the VFX Lead to create, implement, and optimize a wide range of high-quality, realistic, and IP-grounded VFX for both Gameplay & Cinematics.
- Assist with defining and achieving the final VFX render quality through a solid understanding of animation principles, color theory, composition, lighting, and purposeful shape language.
- Maintain and contribute to standards and best-practices for Real-Time VFX workflows.
- Remain current with new and innovative technologies, proactively incorporating and improving pipelines and processes throughout the development of the project.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your ability and passion for creating a wide range of realistic, high-quality Real-Time VFX content in the Unreal 5 Engine, using the Niagara Particle System and Material Editor.
- A humble, self-driven, and collaborative mindset, with a passion for thoughtful problem solving, task transparency, and constructive feedback.
- 5+ years of experience, or at least 2 shipped AAA titles as a Senior Real-Time VFX Artist in UE4 and/or UE5.
- A solid understanding of Real-Time VFX performance and optimization best practices.
- An excitement for learning and utilizing new and innovative Real-Time VFX-related software.
- Experience with, and a thorough understanding of 2D & 3D software packages used to create textures and VFX meshes for use in the Unreal 5 Engine.
Base Salary Range:
- $122,000 - $178,000 CAD