Humanoid Origin is a new videogame company founded on the axiom that creative freedom and independence lead to better, more innovative games. We believe in the power of small, agile teams, and a flat organizational structure, where everyone is empowered to make decisions and help drive the project vision.
We are a Canadian company with offices in Kelowna, BC, and Edmonton, AB. We offer a flexible work environment combining from-home, in-office, and fully remote work – as well as industry-leading compensation and benefits. By joining Humanoid, you will be welcomed into a diverse team of talented developers creating an immersive new universe of story, character, and discovery.
As Sr. Level Designer at Humanoid, you will work with designers, writers, programmers, and artists to envision, plan, and implement entire sequences of fun and innovative gameplay with a strong focus on story telling. Initial work will involve exploration of game design concepts as part of developing our new IP, and later will move on to creating content for the game at final quality. This role involves close collaboration with other disciplines to shape the vision of the project, as you integrate content design with other facets of the game and iterate towards a cohesive overall experience.
This role can be done remotely throughout North America or in-office either in BC or Alberta, as part of our flexible location model.
- Design, implement, and own features related to the level & mission creation pipeline from prototypes to final quality
- Contribute to memorable gameplay experiences that support the narrative and the themes of the IP through collaboration with the broader team
- Define, document, and share best practices related to the creation of levels and missions
- Actively mentor creative and technical abilities of team members
- Participate in game design discussions and contribute valuable ideas and feedback to all aspects of the project
- Remain current with new and innovative technologies, proactively incorporating and improving pipelines and processes
- Collaborate with other team members to integrate their work into a high-quality, performant game experience
- Iterate based on constructive feedback from peers, testers, and players
- 5+ years’ experience as a Level Designer in professional game development shipping multiple AAA titles
- A high level of experience in Unreal 4/5 and Blueprints
- Experience guiding multiple levels through concepting to final quality
- Experience with asset inheritance & modular workflows
- Familiarity with gameplay mechanics in action/adventure/RPG titles
- The ability to explicitly define and communicate solutions to complex narrative, gameplay, and technical problems
- Self-motivated, with proactive communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with team members of all development disciplines
- A passion for all aspects of story telling to craft incredible memorable experiences
- A strong understanding of the state of the art in game design and a passion for innovation
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong initiative and ability to drive cross-discipline efforts
Base Salary Range:
- $116,000 - $170,000 CAD