Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with graphics features, workflows, and tools? Would you like to help design and implement real-time rendering algorithms for one of our future games? Are you willing and able to collaborate directly with artists to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and iterate new systems to a polished sheen? Would you like to work on worlds that bring people together at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As a Senior Incubation Graphics Engineer, you will learn our current engines’ capabilities, then help us expand them by building features and pipelines that empower our game teams to craft incredible visual experiences. As part of a diverse company that prizes creativity, technical excellence, and work-life balance, you will work with a fun and inspirational cross-discipline team devoted to crafting the identity of the next generation of gaming.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA.
- Efficiently deliver prototype code, production workflows, and tools
- With minimal oversight, design and build a wide range of technology and systems to meet the changing demands of the project and team
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to teammates, ranging from short-term problem solving to long-term roadmap planning.
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to create new irresistible game experiences
- Build trust and help other engineers in tackling problems while sensibly managing technology risks
- Experience implementing modern rendering algorithms, and familiarity with rendering techniques used in real-time graphics and/or production rendering
- Comfortable with debugging, profiling, and optimizing CPU and shader code for production and release
- Ability to collaborate with Art team in bringing the artistic vision to life
- Proficiency in 3D math, data structures and algorithms
- Experience working in C#
- Experience working with the Unity game engine
- Experience with a variety of current game engines building for many platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, VR)
- Technical expertise in rendering extremely large and dynamic data sets
- Technical expertise in procedural generation techniques
- Breadth of perspective of global game culture and emerging trends
In 2022, most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a flexible schedule working from home (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA). Currently, only a select range of positions are available for remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.