We’re seeking a driven artist to help expand the Destiny universe through spectacular visual effects!
The ideal candidate brings a passion to learn advanced technical and artistic skills. The candidate understands how to work with a team and will be expected to learn the challenges of modern AAA game development to produce stunning in-game visual effects that support gameplay, cinematics, and environments.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely.
- Work closely with the VFX Lead to author effect assets that enhance gameplay and storytelling
- Use proprietary tools, Photoshop and 3D Studio Max to create effects that balance the visual goals of the project with the performance demands of the game engine
- Help develop Destiny’s visual language through the craft of visual effects
- Build productive working relationships with your team
- Be able to break down a visual effect into component content-types (particle FX, shader FX, mesh FX, post-process, animation, decal, lighting, etc.) and choose the right tools for the job
- Programming or scripting experience in any language (C++ / Python / HLSL)
- Animation background
- Experience with Houdini, Fume FX, Maya fluids tools, or Substance Designer
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.