Oculus Studios and Beat Games are looking for an Art Director to join our studio in Prague to help take Beat Saber to the next level.
This is a key role in building the future of VR games and entertainment with the Beat Games team. This is a growing team of leaders in the VR industry at the cutting edge of where music and games come together. You will be responsible for modeling, texturing, skinning and rigging 3D models for the game.
Beat Games is an award-winning game studio based in Prague, Czech Republic. Their first VR game title, Beat Saber, became an overnight success selling more than 1 million copies in the first 10 months and collaborating with some of the biggest artists in the music industry.
- Create concept arts of game elements, characters and environments.
- Create 3D models (modelling, texturing, and rigging) for real-time rendering on mobile GPU.
- Create animations for 3D models.
- Evolve and execute artistic vision at a high production standard.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure proper integration of assets into the Unity game engine.
- Proficient in industry standard art tools such as Blender, 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini, Modo, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter or similar.
- Strong understanding of video games development and the art creation process.
- Experience in collaborating with multidisciplinary contributors.
- Excellent art skills (sketch work or 3D concept work).
- VR or mobile game development experience.