This is an educational program open to anyone interested in learning more about web design. You do not need to be a resident of the United States or an existing UCI student to enrol in it, and you do you not need to be of typical college age. It is intended to equip aspiring and new professionals, as well as those switching industries, with the skills they need to succeed in the workplace.
This Web Design certificate program will help give you the tools, techniques, and skills to launch your career in web design.
This is an online program that you can take from the comfort of your own home, anywhere in the world. It comprises of 4 required courses and 2 additional elective courses.
Intro to UX for Web Design (2.00 Units)
- Explore modern Design Techniques in an introduction to Web Design. This course will help students understand the design techniques, processes and technologies that companies use today.
Visual Prototyping (2.00 Units)
- Learn the basics of Visual Prototyping, Graphic Design and develop a process for creating a prototype. In this course the students will also review all elements to consider when building a prototype.
Web Design Portfolio Project (2.00 Units)
- Students learn how to create a professional website, from wireframe to final version. Once completed, the students will have a website that they can use as part of their professional portfolio.
Design Technologies (2.00 Units)
- Introduction to the technology used in UX design. Including: InVision, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Prototyping tools such as Axure and Sketch will also be discussed. This course is project based, and requires students to submit part of an interactive prototype from an online portfolio.
User Research and Testing Methodologies (2.00 Units)
- Learn the process of conducting user research, testing, design acceptance, competitor, and customer analysis. Students will also analyse user feedback and activity on prototype websites.
Visual Design (2.00 Units)
- In this course, learn how to create the ideal visual design portfolio that exhibits all required elements. Gain the skills to take a project from inception to completion, using Adobe CS, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Behind every great website and mobile application is a team of web designers ensuring that all frontend elements look great and work seamlessly. Picking up skills in this area will set up candidates to take their first steps into a career in web design. In esports and gaming, with so many talented designers in the scene, web design is a natural place to take that skill set to increase your career opportunities provided you’re comfortable working with programming languages.
- Pick up best practises for user experience in web design.
- Learn how to clearly organize a well-designed website for a user and business perspective.
- Develop a website wireframe, the foundation which websites are designed on.
- Hear valuable insight on best practices when building a web design portfolio.
- Produce a UX project plan by the end of the course explaining the thought process behind design decisions.
Don't forget to send a screenshot of your Hitmarker profile to [email protected] in order to get your unique discount code!