This is an educational program open to anyone interested in learning more about esports management and the business of the industry. You do not need to be a resident of the United States or an existing UCI student to enrol in it, and you do you not need to be of typical college age. It is intended to equip aspiring and new professionals, as well as those switching industries, with the skills they need to succeed in the workplace.
The Esports Management Program from the University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education consists of three short esports courses taught by industry expert instructors that you can take from the comfort of your own home, anywhere in the world!
Overview of Esports (3 Units)
- Take a journey through the history of esports from the vantage points of professional players, game developers, industry sponsors and endemic journalists.
Effective Communication in Esports (3 Units)
- Industry leaders want the people they hire to be extremely effective communicators. Learn how to apply communication strategies to specific esports scenarios.
Esports Project Management: Live Events (3 Units)
- Project management isn’t unique to esports, but esports project management is a unique skill! We’ll teach you how to project manage in this emerging industry.
Let’s turn your passion for competitive gaming into a viable career! Opt in to receive your FREE Esports Career Planning Toolkit and take your first step towards:
- Being able to speak knowledgeably about the history, community, and business of esports with future employers and other stakeholders in the industry.
- Learning to develop an actionable plan to drive growth and improvement in esports.
- Understanding how to write effective communications geared towards fans and decision makers within the industry.
- Knowing how to make social media content that drives engagement and entices fan interaction.
- Having the capacity to apply project management skills to initiate, plan, execute, and close live esports events.
Don’t forget to send a screenshot of your Hitmarker profile to Chris Casas ([email protected]) in order to get your unique discount code!