Software Engineer – Internationalization
Zynga is looking for a strong Software Engineer to join our International Localization team! Come join the team making an impact across all the Zynga games. The International team makes sure that people around the world can enjoy our games in up to 32 languages. We truly live by the company’s mission to “Connect the World Through Games”.
The primary focus of this position is to support internationalization best practices, engineer solutions to related to internationalization and culturalization as well as to provide and expand localization support across Zynga’s diverse game slate.
Zynga software engineers are continually learning new technologies and methodologies necessary to take on a challenge — when a conventional solution doesn't exist, they innovate as necessary. Our software engineers are comfortable moving between frontend, backend, and architecture roles. If this sounds like you and you are also motivated by innovating at this level, then come join the team and help us connect the world through games!
- Collaborate with game teams to implement internationalization frameworks and provide consultation services about internationalization issues and localization support
- Create and maintain systems and tools for automation of continuous localization, internationalization testing support, and translation task management and tracking
- Work with localization QA and own resolution of engineering related localization bugs directly or by ensuring they get the prioritization required with the game teams and other support teams
- Innovate! It’s not just about what is in place, it’s about finding ways to do things better
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- At least 2 years of software engineering experience
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong object-oriented skills and scripting skills
- Experience with version control systems such as SVN or Git
- Team player and experience collaborating within a multicultural team across many time zones
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with internationalization engineering & localization, especially in games
- Experience with Unity 3D and/or Unreal Engine
- Facebook, iOS, Android or Nintendo Switch development experience