Senior Product Manager - Star Wars IP
Zynga is proud to announce the opening of a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX. The studio will partner with NaturalMotion, a Zynga-subsidiary, to develop a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe. The new Austin studio will collaborate closely with BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, and an award-winning games developer based out of Brighton, England.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to take on next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a studio leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
This is a rare opportunity to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America, and to make your mark on a brand-new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of mobile gaming.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Product Manager to join the team and help craft Zynga’s next blockbuster mobile game. You will use a combination of excellent analytical abilities, business discernment, and critical thinking to innovate and build extraordinary experiences that will impact our players’ lives. You will have a consistent record of owning and delivering experiences to players that raise-the-bar from an innovation, usability, and design perspective whilst thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Design, Art, Programming & Analytics) to design, scope and implement core features that result in an outstanding gameplay experience for our players and positively inflect metrics.
Support the leadership team in defining and iterating upon the game’s business strategy to build a robust product roadmap for development and post-launch live operations.
Drive user and competitive research, driving the usage of core innovative game technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis and an understanding of the market.
Effectively champion product vision & strategy, monitor product progression through completion of milestones and partner with other parts of the organization including Central Analytics and Product Marketing.
Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the team through regular communication and the creation of meaningful dashboards and reports.
Be a player champion!
Required skills & experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Product Management experience in free-to-play game development with a proven track record in managing live operations
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications and white papers
- Exceptional data analysis skills coupled with advanced Excel and SQL proficiency
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Strong passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Previous experience with new game development through to worldwide launch is a plus as well as experience with shipping/managing games on multiple platforms
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of competitive action/shooter games.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 day’s holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Mondays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know