You will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and further improving the use of MySQL, Postgres, Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift and NoSQL databases in order to provide a stable, impactful and cost efficient storage platform that supports a variety of large scale online social games. A passion for gaming is desirable.
- Handle database systems in cloud and on-premise environments
- Maintain data integrity and high availability of database systems
- Run configurations for MySQL and other database systems
- Triage, fix, or escalate system and database issues
- Update and tune database systems in high load environment
- Work with Game and App teams for design, problem solving and standard methodologies
- Work with Operations to handle database hardware infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Document systems and procedures
- Use and write automation and reporting tools to handle databases
- Identify and recommend tools and services for running infrastructure
- Automate systems and deployment procedures
- Analyze and develop capacity planning for database growth
- Evaluate hardware requirements for database loads based on efficient use of multi-core systems
- 7+ years RDBMS experience working in a high volume production environment
- At least 5+ years as a MySQL DBA in a LAMP environment (Centos/Redhat preferred)
- Expert level knowledge in various aspects of MySQL 5.x (Innodb and MyISAM)
- Experience in AWS cloud, especially RDS/Aurora
- Knowledge of NoSQL solutions
- Knowledge of Redshift or other data warehouse systems
- Proven knowledge of physical and logical database design
- Experience with Nagios, Collectd, Grafana and DataDog
- Familiarity with JSON, YAML and Chef
- Proficiency in writing automation scripts using Shell, PHP or Python
- Knowledge of Subversion, Git or other source code version control and repository tools.
- Broad exposure to Open Source tools for automation, monitoring and provisioning
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience in working cross-functionally across many groups
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience in Postgres
- Experience in NoSQL solutions like Couchbase
- Experience in provisioning servers using Terraform, JSON, YAML and Chef
- I/O performance tuning
- Understanding and troubleshooting TCP/IP networking services
- Database sharding
- Experience in online gaming environment
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**REMOTE WORK FROM AN ALTERNATE LOCATION COULD BE CONSIDERED**
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.