Producer / Technical Project Manager, Central Technology
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long-term retention. Our portfolio of games – Empires & Puzzles, Merge Dragons, CSR Racing 2, Farmville, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words with Friends and Zynga Poker span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express. Come join us, thrive, and take risks and dream big to shape the future of the fastest growing gaming platform mobile.
Come join the Central Technology team at Zynga to make an impact across all of the company’s games! Our team provides products and services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. These services span across Identity, Social, Payments, Core Technology, Client Tech, Quality Engineering Automation and Cloud. Our mission is a ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ that enables game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 90+ people organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
Zynga is looking for a highly motivated Producer to manage multiple projects in our Central Technology team. This position will be based in our Zynga Toronto studio in Canada.
The Producer will work closely with Engineering, Product Management, Production and game/partner teams to deliver projects in the assigned team. They will need to balance various requirements and constraints, and facilitate tough trade-offs along the way to drive towards a predictable outcome. They will also need to be tactical in diving deep into daily execution, proactively spotting areas for improvement, and driving the changes in a collaborative manner that solves confusion, miscommunication and differing expectations. Ultimately, the producer is accountable for the execution and delivery of the assigned team / projects output.
- Provide project management leadership and support for assigned project(s) and team(s)
- Ability to drive product development and ensure deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Identifies roadblocks and steers the project back to stability
- Partners closely with Engineering, Product Management and Production to deliver outstanding products and services
- Ensures clear project definition and criteria for completion
- Leads technical scrums and agile project implementation
- Corresponds with internal and external partners to align expectations
- Influences to the team’s principles and cultures to help form a stimulating and fun work environment
Desired Skills And Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a Project Management role in the tech industry
- 1+ years agile development experience
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder engagement & project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Involved in project planning, identifies roadblocks and problem solves around them
- Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to empower and earn the team’s trust
- Must be a self-starter and driven team player
- Proven ability to resolve conflict and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate across diverse cultures, languages, work styles, and personalities
- Experience in the game industry
- Computer science or technical degree
- Project Management certification
- Software experience with Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Google Docs / Sheets / Slides, Miro
What we offer you
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.