Principal Technical Artist
Zynga is looking for a Principal Technical Artist to join us in building a new original IP mobile game!
- The Technical Artist will be collaborating with a small team of artists, as well as periodically interfacing with mobile engineers directly, to effectively facilitate seamless asset integration in Unity.
- The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between 2D artists and the engineering team, championing optimal performance and efficiency in the game’s final visual assets, as well as working to effectively solve any art-related bugs or hitches that may arise during production.
- On any given day, the technical artist may be assisting animators with implementing rigged characters in Unity, and later that same day, be auditing app performance via Unity’s profiler or Xcode, or potentially be working with the animation team discussing breakdowns in the pipeline, and then creating custom editor tools to address these issues.
- Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, has a strong grasp on asset optimization, fluent in Unity, can write shaders, code editor tools, rig 2D and 3D character models, and solve problems. A range of skills to deliver the best achievable results is necessary, as the technical artist is expected to provide calm, confident ideas and suggestions within the field of expertise and be able to identify potential issues before they become problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members of varying disciplines, including the written documentation of pipeline processes.
- Core Photoshop skills such as compositing, tiling, character back painting, and export optimization.
- Broad understanding of Unity, including shaders, lighting, and UI.
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization.
- Clear understanding of particle emitters and animation processes.
- Ability to create quick concept mockups using Photoshop, and/or Unity.
- Experience with asset optimization for the efficient use of resources on web and mobile platforms.
- Ability to support the art team with troubleshooting and technical assistance.
- Strong problem-solving methodology.
- 5+ years experience in games development, with shipped titles.
- A passion for mobile games.
- Prior experience with version control software such as Perforce and Git.
- Familiarity with Spine.
- Familiarity with Maya, including rigging, model optimization, and UV texturing.
- Traditional 2D and 3D skills are a plus.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.