Principal Systems Engineer
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! As a Principal Systems Engineer, you will be a contributor on an elite team responsible for the modernization, scalability, and resilience of core components of Zynga's infrastructure. Projects such as automated build, test, and packaging systems as well as source control management across all of Zynga are what we’re focused on today but we’re growing by taking on security and leading the way for the DevOps movement within the company. We’re looking for exceptional engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team.
- Deploy and maintain centralized build & release engineering infrastructure, including CICD platforms, build farms, SCM systems, package management, and code review tools
- Maintain essential skills in modern technology/standards and leverage automation whenever possible
- Establish testing and reporting methods that drive KPIs for system performance
- Communicate with internal customers and game teams to understand system requirements
- Propose improvements to system architecture and drive automation efforts
- Update and maintain documentation/runbooks
- Root cause and resolve problems with automated systems and deployments
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong experience in systems engineering such as Linux systems administration, multi-site networking, securing websites with SSL, etc
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with multi-platform systems administration (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with bash/shell scripting
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with monitoring and diagnostic tools (Datadog, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, etc.)
- Experience with containerization (Docker)
- Experience with both cloud services (primarily AWS) and on-premise deployments (VMware).
- Eager to master server/application automation and provide excellent infrastructure operations
- Excellent customer service and communication skills when managing and responding to customer tickets
- 2+ years of systems engineering and administration experience of any of the following CI/CD tools in a multi-site environment: Jenkins, GitHub, Perforce, Swarm, Nexus, Subversion, Artifactory, Vault
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with automated infrastructure and software deployment (Chef, Packer, Terraform, Ansible)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Python programming
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.