Principal Software Engineer - Words With Friends
Position at Zynga
Zynga With Friends is a group of passionate gamers whose mission is to connect the world through games. On our mobile engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take ownership over your work that reaches millions of daily users. We take great pride in our craft, delivering a high-quality service to millions of players every single day. Teamwork is a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with an all-in approach we can deliver a better product, make better decisions, and cultivate a better work environment. Everyone here is committed to making our games the best experience for our players.
What you'll be doing
- Work on Words With Friends mobile in React Native, Objective-C, and Java
- Architect, write, and ship elegant and maintainable code
- Collaborate with your team to build robust systems and UI that looks great and runs efficiently
What you should have
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience writing native apps in Objective-C, Swift, Java or Kotlin
- 5+ years of professional experience in mobile, desktop or web application development
- Shipped at least 2 mobile games and/or applications
- Experience with source control management and giving code reviews
- Experience leading groups of 2-5 engineers
- Ability to mentor members of the team
- Deep understanding of debugging, profiling and memory analysis tools for mobile development
- Experience with Cocos2dx / C++
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and highly scalable backend systems
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact thousands of players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.