Principal Cloud Engineer
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! We focus on designing, deploying and administering tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. We’re looking for exceptional engineers with a passion for cloud technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. The Principal Cloud Engineer will play a key role in helping build & manage cloud deployments and internal tools.
- Work with studio partners to upgrade/manage infrastructure deployments and applications hosted on the cloud
- On-call responsibilities and operational support for production systems
- Build business logic and visualization modules for internal applications and tools
- Benchmark custom services against community and commercial products
- Maintain and update Zynga games and services, optimize for efficiency and TCO
- Assist other teams in establishing development and security best practices
- Take a hands-on approach in architecting, writing and reviewing code
- Proactively identify & recommend improvements to address systemic pain points and tech debt
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Experience with PHP development
- Experience with VMs and containers hosted on cloud platforms
- Experience with enterprise Linux environments for development, deployment, maintenance and orchestration patterns
- Experience using Laravel and React a plus
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases a plus
- LAMP stack experience a plus
- Knowledge of the mobile landscape and emerging technologies a plus
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.