Lead Social Media Manager
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition, and long-term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
We are looking for a Lead Social Media Manager to join the Zynga marketing team to drive excellence across all our games in social and community. The role works in partnership with the social leads for each game to support them with the tools, processes, and strategic thinking to create best-in-class campaigns and communities. You’ll provide a birds-eye view across the company on everything we’re doing on social now and where we’re taking it in the future.
You will be an expert in the holistic and dynamic landscape of social media channels, strategies, emerging platforms, and audiences within those channels and be able to drive forward game-specific roadmaps that include channel strategy, content strategy, and technology platforms and tools.
You will own the relationships with key social platforms including TikTok, Twitch, Discord, and Facebook to maximize the way our games use these channels.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Be the central lead for all social and community within Zynga
- Work with social leads to create best in class campaigns and communities
- Be the main point of contact for current and emerging platforms
- Establish playbooks for different social platforms that can be rolled out to the different games
- Own and implement best practice in social reporting across the business
- Mentor the social leads and community managers as the resident expert and strategic figurehead for social at Zynga
- Define the present and future needs for social creative and any vendors needed to delight our players
- Initiate and implement projects that benefit our players across the whole business e.g. “voice of the player” by working in tandem with game teams and leads in social, player support and VIP
Required Experience & Skills
- 7+ years experience in social media and community management experience on multiple projects leading live successful service projects and campaigns
- Data-driven and goal-oriented, seeking and delivering on growth, advocacy, engagement, retention, reactivation, and revenue
- Skilled in navigating matrix organizations, partner of cross-functional marketers other internal disciplines e.g. game teams
- Experienced at assessing, onboarding, and managing external partners and vendors
- Excellent communicator, able to secure buy-in from peers and senior management with equal success
- Experience in moderating community discussions with large active communities, including creation of style guides, tone, response strategies
- Effective time management and exceptional project management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.