Architect, Quality Engineering
Position at Zynga
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. The Architect role focuses on Zynga’s automation & unified build pipeline strategy for mobile, console and other platforms. You will lead a team of Software Engineers to develop next generation frameworks.
- Design and build next generation automation frameworks incorporating text recognition, image recognition, machine learning and other new technologies to improve the capabilities/usability of products.
- Architect and write code to improve the quality of the automation toolchain.
- Work with other architects and senior engineers to help design and create a Unified build pipeline.
- Standardize reporting of key performance metrics to assess impact/value.
- Work with other disciplines to understand customer requirements and help guide the roadmap to reflect priorities.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to a team of senior software engineers.
- Champion dogfooding and adoption of internal products/services.
- Participate in design/code reviews, measure code coverage, assess overall system quality, and ensure effectiveness.
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Significant experience with Python, C# or C++ required. Bash/shell scripting a plus.
- Experience using automated frameworks such as Appium/Selenium is a plus.
- Experience with iOS, Android, Unity or Unreal development a plus.
- Ability to take high level product goals and architect/design appropriate technical solutions.
- Ability to successfully drive adoption/support of strategic tools and frameworks across multiple teams.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.