Architect, Quality Engineering
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. The Architect role focuses on Zynga’s automation strategy for mobile and other platforms. In this role you will have you will lead a team of Software Engineers in Test to develop next-generation automation frameworks and collaborate with game teams to facilitate adoption/support.
- Design, build, and evolve mobile app automation frameworks, integration test frameworks, and internal tools for Zynga games.
- Architect and write code to improve the quality of the automation toolchain.
- Incorporate text recognition, image recognition, and other new technologies to improve capabilities/usability of existing tools and frameworks.
- Standardize reporting of key performance metrics to assess impact/value.
- Work with other disciplines to understand customer requirements and update the team roadmap to reflect priorities.
- Manage a team of Software Engineers in Test and mentor them to effectively use the frameworks in writing test cases for games.
- Collaborate with the game teams on the adoption and support of automation frameworks as part of their development/release pipeline.
- Participate in design/code reviews, measure code coverage, assess overall system quality, and ensure the efficiency of automated test frameworks.
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Significant experience with Python, C# or C++ required. Bash/shell scripting a plus.
- Experience using automated test frameworks such as Appium/Selenium required.
- Experience with iOS, Android, Unity or Unreal development a plus.
- Ability to take high level product goals and architect/design appropriate technical solutions.
- Ability to successfully drive adoption/support of shared tools and frameworks across multiple teams.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.