3D Vehicle Render Artist
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
The vision for our Global Marketing Creative Team at Zynga is informed by a pursuit for new and different ideas, rapid creative development, and efficient production. We develop creative executions across paid and owned channels that invite and encourage millions of players worldwide to take part in our games as well as keep players engaged, informed, and rewarded for their active participation. Our creative and production processes prioritize achieving both performance objectives and execution excellence while we all endeavor to foster a collaborative culture that embraces and drives creative trends in the mobile acquisition space.
You will be technically proficient, quality focused and creatively inspired 3D Artist, able to set-up, light and render vehicles and scenes for use in all manner of marketing executions - primarily for paid channel advertising (user acquisition) and iOS/Google Play app store assets.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to an efficient pipeline of 3D content for use in user acquisition advertising and app store assets, as well as social/community and LiveOps marketing executions
- Collaborate with Art Leads, Art Directors, Motion Graphic Designers, and Graphic Designers to provide the most useful 3D rendered vehicle content for use in advertising and marketing executions
- Build out scenes using game assets, converted in PBR materials for offline rendering
- Convert vehicle materials from Unity to V-Ray, match car paint types and relevant details
- Set up and compose shots, light in Maya
- Apply post-production embellishments and beautification pass in Photoshop
- Identify opportunities for production efficiencies, pipeline issues, and an ability to recommend and advocate for improvements when appropriate
- Comfortable participating in reviews; able to respond to critical feedback in a professional manner, and to contribute constructive feedback to your peers
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in automotive marketing rendering
- Extensive experience with Unity
- Expert proficiency with Autodesk Maya, V-Ray, Substance and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with vehicle CAD models and materials
- Experience working with HDR render pipelines
- Previous work with PBR materials
- Experience producing Unity based in-game capture trailers or offline CG trailers
- Experience using JIRA as a task management/workflow tool
- Self-motivated and strong time-management skills
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- A passion for 3D art, video games, and marketing/commercial art
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Mobile games industry experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.