(Closed) Supply Chain Manager
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. The Zwift platform delivers an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. The company is endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve.
Fit-Tech will consist of high calibre, experienced individuals forming a new division and therefore P&L at Zwift. The team will focus on topics of high strategic importance to Zwift and Zwift eSports, in particular developing new products that improve or enhance the overall Zwift offering. Fit Tech consists of 3 main divisions; Programme Management Engineering and Product Management.
The successful candidate will work closely with multidisciplinary teams (Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electronics, Embedded and App Software) to manage all aspects of the supply chain delivery process, to develop and deliver technically complex, fitness products.
The role requires extensive knowledge of supply chain and procurement best practices, with hands on practical experience working with remote sub-contract manufacturers, to develop and deliver electro-mechanical and embedded software products.
The candidate may be required to work flexible hours to accommodate project demands. The role will primarily be based at the London office, and will require regular visits to Zwift’s other global offices and suppliers and sub-contractors worldwide.
As Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supply Chain and material management processes and interfaces for Fit Tech projects, reporting to and supporting the Senior Director, Program
- Develop and implement project material plans, integrating with the overall project development and delivery plans
- Interface with engineering and sub-contract teams to understand and manage BOM lead times, prototype build requirements, key component risks, and support supplier ramp-ups
- Create, develop and lead the Supply Chain strategy for Fit Tech
- Develop processes and standards for Fit Tech, sharing best practice, and working with other parts of the business, including IT and eCommerce.
- Key supplier selection, auditing and relationship management
- Communicate and interface with e-Commerce and Delivery & Installation teams to plan shipments, and manage delivery risks and issues
- Develop and actively manage mitigation and containment plans for project supply chain risks
- Provide supply chain updates, guidance and insights to the project team and other senior members of the organisation
- Assist in planning of future staff, skills, equipment and tool requirements
Key skills and experience:
- Minimum 10 years experience in supply chain and/or procurement management of electro-mechanical consumer product development and delivery, working with outsourced manufacturing contractors in a start-up or fast growing multinational business
- Engineering, manufacturing or supply chain degree qualification or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- CIPS qualification
- Excellent communicator, negotiator and relationship builder
- Extensive experience of supplier selection, audit, contract management and metric tracking
- Strategic and tactical sourcing planning and analysis experience
- Strong risk management and analytical/problem solving skills
- Knowledge of global tax, tariff and duty regulations to implement most efficient strategies
- Experience of capacity planning and forecasting is desirable
- Comfortable and able to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible and evolving environment, and roll up sleeves to support whatever is necessary
Location & Travel:
- London, UK,
- Regular visits to Zwift’s Long Beach CA office and International contract manufacturers, vendors or partners
- Ability to travel to anywhere in the world on a monthly basis to perform the roles duties
Zwift UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer