Senior DevOps Engineer
About the role and about You:
The Zwift server platforms run on heterogeneous and distributed cluster stacks composed of several different layers and nodes that require a number of different technologies that run 24/7 for the international user community. We are constantly modifying the software, adding and improving features and making changes to accommodate the increased load that comes with the steady growth of our successful business. All changes must happen with no disruption to the service; this requires a detailed monitoring platform, a great level of automation in tests (functional, load and performance, etc), release deployment orchestration. Zwift’s continuous growth requires us to form a dedicated team of Technical Operations, DevOps and SRE specialists to monitor, improve and maintain the platform on a continuous basis.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be working together with a high performance team to improve and maintain the tools that monitor, maintain, provision, setup, configure and deploy the different stacks, layers and nodes of the Zwift Server Platforms. You will report to the DevOps Team Lead. We're looking for highly motivated engineers with a passion for technology and great problem solving abilities.
What you’ll do:
- Develop state-of-the art tools and services around containers, CI/CD, deployment, monitoring and more
- Drive the company-wide adoption of the cloud platform products of your team
- Act as tutor for cloud technologies for other engineering teams
- Solve hard problems in a distributed system serving millions of customers
- Share your knowledge in blog posts and at meetups and conferences
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area
- 7+ years of experience as an SRE or DevOps Engineer
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and overall Software Design
- In-depth knowledge of Cloud providers and their services and their APIs (preferably AWS)
- Strong working knowledge with Docker and Linux (preferably Kubernetes experience)
- Proficiency in modern programming languages - preferably Java
- Passion for API design and clean code
- Experience with TDD and Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Advanced knowledge about network security and IT Administration
- Experience working on Distributed Systems and with cloud configuration tools like Terraform and Cloud formation
- Extensive experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting and higher level scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
- Solid foundation and understanding of cryptography concepts and OpenSSL usage
- Advanced Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL Database setup, configuration and monitoring (Such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Enthusiasm for cycling
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, 10+ years of professional experience
- CKA or CKAD certification
- Experience on IT Administration
- Experience in Router and Firewall Configuration
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.