(Closed) Product Manager, Training and Competition
About the role:
Product management at Zwift is a cross-functional, hands-on role. This role will own the workouts and competition roadmap with the objective of gamifying the Zwift experience through competition for all levels, beginner to pro. You will define features that make achieving fitness goals fun, competition fair and with just the right amount of challenge. You will also build features that allow users to come together in teams and leagues.
The ideal candidate requires excellent communication skills to build consensus among all stakeholders (both internal and external). You will engage with the community, fitness experts as well as dive into our qualitative and quantitative data to drive feature development. The role will work collaboratively with other product managers, engineering, QA, program management, data analytics, and marketing.
This role is at the intersection of gaming and fitness and as such, prior experience in gaming is preferred. If this is you, come join our team!
How to stand out among the rest:
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out among the rest.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we're on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game experience that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny sands of Long Beach, California in 2014, we've grown to over 300 (and counting!) Watopians - that's what we call our employees - and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Australia, Rio de Janeiro, and London. Together, we are disrupting the fitness industry!
If you're looking for an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team, Zwift is just that. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops and game nights. And, our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel brings you daily fuzzy, furry, heartwarming paws and noses straight to your screen. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people in our brand new playful and colorful office environment. That being said, we don't want you to be intimidated by the former Olympians, pro cyclists, and other amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Even if you're at the very beginning of your fitness journey, there is a place for you here! Who knows, you may surprise yourself and complete your first triathlon if you hang out with us for too long.
What you'll do:
- Own the entire product life cycle including ideation, definition of key features and requirements, prioritization, definition of success and key metrics and the go to market strategy for the workouts and competition roadmap
- Partner with game design, program management, engineering, UX, and game art to define the strategy and create alignment across the entire portfolio
- Iterate the product and features based on data, user research and feedback from the Zwift community, industry partners and stakeholders
- Build key partnerships with stakeholders including marketing, brand, platform, hardware and strategy teams
- Collaborate with the extended product management team to continually improve internal processes and overall operations of the team
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of relevant experience in product management, business, technology or related disciplines
- Prior experience in the gaming industry delivering best in class products and experiences to players
- Ability to break down work into meaningful releases, work with stakeholders to prioritize these items, and iteratively deliver feature enhancements
- Experience with A/B testing and experimentation to drive feature development
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Passion for cycling, running, triathlons, and other sports
- Passion for video games
- Experienced Zwifter
- Experience using Optimizely, Google Analytics, and Amplitude
Some Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here:
- Fast growing, collaborative environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do
- Employee perks and benefits including a fitness program and fantastic industry discounts
- Amazing office locations with killer views
- Did we mention that we encourage you to workout at work...Zwift, run, yoga….we're in!
Of course we are nothing without our Values to ground us and ensure we run and build a Company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included and belong. Only then, can they thrive and do their best work. The Values we strive to live everyday:
- Make It Fun,
- Elevate Teammates,
- Cultivate Our Community,
- Always Level Up,
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.