(Closed) Esports Project Manager
Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve... wanna join?
Who we're looking for:
The project management discipline at Zwift is responsible for leading project teams to execute against our strategy to create a new sport, born from gaming that will make Zwift a household name.
This is a hands-on role where you will primarily partner with the Zwift game, engineering, marketing, and esports team - across operations, media and commercial, to deliver and bring to life a premier Zwift esports experience. The ideal candidate will be a pragmatic problem solver comfortable working across the entire business to deliver appropriate solutions for esports.
The right candidate should be a strong team player able to build effective working relationships across the business, have excellent planning/analytical skills, and be very organized. You are someone who prides themselves on delivering complex projects and has the ability to level up the capabilities of an organization.
What you'll do:
- Plan and execute specific projects for Zwift Esports: planning, design, execution, monitoring and controlling all aspects – ensuring that an agreed portfolio of projects are completed on time, on plan, and to budget.
- Deliver high-profile solutions for Zwift Esports, including building out organizational capability for repeated success
- Work closely with senior management across all functions at Zwift (game, engineering, product management, program management, marketing and esports - across media, operations and commercial) to execute against the esports roadmap
- Constantly communicate with the cross functional team as well as senior leadership to set expectations and provide transparency on all projects and processes
Core responsibilities include:
- Planning and defining scope
- Clarifying assumptions
- Producing appropriate documentation
- Project design, plans and timelines
- Internal and, where relevant, external stakeholder engagement
- Resource planning
- Budget management
- Risk management
- Monitoring progress
- Ensuring the goals and objectives of each project are met
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years project managing software and hardware products
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- High attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Demonstrated project ownership and consistent delivery on commitments – strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Well-honed analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings clearly and succinctly, experience establishing and tracking project metrics
- Strategic orientation, able to work with sophisticated financial analyses, assess and mitigate risk, forecast both long and short-term outcomes, and anticipate and navigate scenarios in a complex business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, assumes leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- Ability to lead and influence a cross-functional team and manage the entire project from ideation to execution
- Passion for sports and gaming
- Experienced Zwifter
- Experience owning & delivering high profile solutions
Top 5 reasons we think you’ll love it here:
- Fast growing, dynamic environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do
- Competitive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, and Vision), including an employee bike program
- Awesome team of diverse individuals that love what they do
- Amazing office location in downtown Long Beach with killer views
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
How to stand out among the rest:
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out among the rest.
Zwift LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.