Senior Services Engineer
Zenimax Online Studios is looking for a Senior Services Engineer who can navigate a Python codebase which is being transitioned to a Golang micro-services stack with an eye on a move to containerization.
This will require an engineer who has good attention to detail and can work with a legacy codebase to make incremental improvements while minimizing risk. A strong candidate will have good skills in decoupling layers of applications to make them more testable and in generating abstractions that encapsulate implementation specific details.
- Design and implement APIs that are maintainable and easy to interface with and scale with demand
- Work with the Services Lead to implement a vision for the platform going forward
- Work with external teams to integrate with their systems
- Support and maintain the platform while evolving it
- Reduce downtime, improve observability and confidence in deployments
- Go (Golang) experience, hobbyist or better
- 2+ years of Python experience on a live product
- REST principles and design
- AWS services
- Full Stack experience