Senior Mobile Designer
Zenimax Online Studios is hiring a talented and experienced Senior Mobile Designer who is passionate about games. If you are a fan of The Elder Scrolls or looking to work on an exciting new ZeniMax intellectual properties, this is the place for you!
We are looking for a Designer to create compelling gameplay systems and provide a thoughtful presence in a small team. Our team is heavily focused on prototyping to create fantastic games, try out new tech, and pitch new ideas to make our existing products even better! You’ll work closely with directors and other stakeholders, artists, engineers, and the rest of the ZeniMax team to create innovative cross-platform Unity-based projects. These projects will focus on quality gameplay, with fantastic player-driven experiences that provide strong connections back to our studio titles. We need a deeply passionate and collaborative all-round designer who is eager to pioneer new ideas, innovate on existing play patterns, create and implement design specs, and learn and grow with the team while delivering engaging game experiences across a broad array of content and systems. You should have a passion for mobile gaming, proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and boundless creativity. Bonus points for a focus on systems design that intersects with player choices and how those impacts are felt across future sessions.
- Collaborate with leadership to create gameplay with interconnected systems from a macro to micro level. All elements beautifully intertwined in support of the IP and super fun, memorable experiences
- Pitch creative ideas for new concepts and gameplay mechanics for current and future projects
- Effectively communicate your designs, requirements, and deliverables to the team and other stakeholders via both effective game documentation and in-person sessions.
- Drive the creation, testing, and iteration of both digital and paper prototypes to prove out new gameplay ideas.
- Gather, analyze, and evaluate all feedback, incorporating or providing alternate solutions to address the needed areas with sound reasoning and data
- Champion design solutions based on feedback and work with the team to modify game concepts and mechanics accordingly
- Be willing to learn and foster a work environment that supports and engages others.
- Stay current with industry trends and learn from the successes and failures of other games in the mobile space
- Candidate must have 3+ years as a designer in the games industry, taking games from conception to post-launch support
- Experience in user research and testing, with a data-informed approach to design
- Strong documentation skills and experience writing product specs, creating wireframes, game flows, and feature documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, collaborative problem-solving, and critical thinking
- Fluency in Jira and Confluence.
- Able to both receive and deliver constructive criticism and work well with a team
- Must be creative and flexible when faced with constraints
- Hunt Valley, MD location preferred, will consider remote