We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to support Machine Games. This position will liaise with the HR team in Europe and in the US and provide local support in functional areas of Human Resources, including but not limited to recruitment, change and performance management, employee relations and benefits, training, and development. The HRM will also build and maintain key relationships with studio leadership and be a key stakeholder of that team.
- Recruiting: the HR Manager will be responsible for the entire recruitment cycle from the management of our Applicant Tracking System to the screening and hiring of the candidates and will support the growth of the studio by managing the headcount process
- Training and Development: Develop and deliver training presentations to studio’s employees relating to interview skills, performance review, management and leadership training, and other areas as necessary.
- Benefits: keep abreast of local and industry trends and partner with corporate benefits to make sure our benefit package stays competitive
- Compliance: Monitor and ensure company compliance with local employment law. Ensure that the studio policies are updated.
- Employee Relations: manage employee relations issue and work with legal counsel as necessary. Resolve issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Performance Management: Manage performance review process for studio. Directly interact with managers to evaluate reviews and merit process and ensure that reviews are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Payroll: Oversight of the payroll function in collaboration with the payroll vendor and the central payroll team.
- Communications: collaborate with the studio leadership to develop and communicate HR strategies and programs to the employees
- Strong Knowledge of Swedish Employment law and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related discipline
- Between 7 to 10 years HR experience (benefits, compensation, employee relations or performance management) required
- Strong employee relations experience
- Strong attention to details and structure
- Excellent judgment and discretion
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing computer applications (Word, Excel, and HRIS)
- Ability to work effectively in a highly confidential, fast-paced environment and solve complex problems
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience at a game development, technology, entertainment or creative company
- Prior experience working in a division of a global company